We’re the only property auctioneers in Warwick and Leamington and my years of experience have given me valuable insight into this area.
Selling at auction is popular for a speedy sale. Once the hammer falls it’s a done deal - with contracts being exchanged on the day and the agreed price required to be paid within 28 days.
Unusual properties or those needing modernisation suit an auction sale, and a sensible reserve price means that sellers can virtually guarantee a sale on the day.
So, in advance of our next property auction – here’s what I’ve learned during my time as a leading property auctioneer:
- Even though you’re selling at auction, the advice remains the same – make sure your property looks at its best and is available for viewings from prospective buyers. You may also need to arrange for surveyors to access the property.
- Set a realistic guide price; we’ll help you with this. Too high and you won’t get enough interest, too low and again you might not get the right people bidding.
- Think carefully about your reserve price. We offer free appraisals and can talk you through the difference between the reserve price and the guide price.
- Embrace social media. We think Facebook and Twitter are vital channels in today’s world. If you have your own accounts then you can support us to market your property by spreading the word to friends, family and colleagues.
- Attend the auction. You don’t have to be there but if you haven’t been to one before, they really are worth experiencing.
Our next auction is on Tuesday 24 September 2019.
If you are thinking about selling a property at auction, we offer free, no obligation appraisals. Call us on 01926 430 553.